IT Desktop Support Coordinator
IT Desktop Support Coordinator
A commodity brokerage firm based in London are currently seeking an IT Desktop Support Coordinator on a part time basis for a 12 month fixed term contract.
The IT Desktop Support Coordinator will be responsible for providing all ITC support to the local office and assisting other offices with remote support as needed.
The support is provided to a varied user base including executive level so it will be necessary to take responsibility for all queries and resolve them as fast as possible.
The IT Desktop Support Coordinator role will be a 12 month fixed term contract working from 10h00 to 14h00 in the City of London Monday-Friday for a total of 20 hours per week.
As the IT Desktop Support Coordinator you will be responsible for the following duties:
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Assisting external senior technical experts in the design and planning of installations for software and hardware applications
· Installing, maintaining, and administering hardware & software
· Ensuring proper operation of local servers and peripherals
· Providing administrative support for local applications and databases including SharePoint
· Installing, debugging, and trouble-shooting systems software and hardware applications
· Managing and performing moves, changes, enhancements, and corrections to office layout for PC's, printers, and other hardware
· Providing technical support for workstations and office applications.
· Coordinating external specialist support as needed
· Ability to take ownership and responsibility of ITC issues
Skills & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and must be able to work on their own initiative. A good understanding of hardware and software installations and troubleshooting in a desktop computing environment is essential.
Additional skills and competencies:
· Strong organisational and time management skills
· Technical and analytical mind-set
· Clear writing and verbal communication
· Results-oriented with personal accountability
· Attention to detail
· Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, email clients, and browsers
· SharePoint experience will be a big advantage
· Support of Android devices
· PC Desktop support (Windows 7 and 10)
· Level 1 technical troubleshooting
· Strong customer service skills
· At least a couple of years' experience of user support, troubleshooting hardware/software problems
· Ability to lift 30-50 pounds in the form of boxed and unboxed computers and printers as well as push 100-pound cart with loads of equipment.
About the Company
"We are a commodity brokerage firm providing brokerage services across the globe in biofuels, energy and agricultural markets. Operating from the commodity capitals of the world we offer commercial and financial customers' brokerage services in physical and financial exchange-cleared energy derivatives, as well as over-the counter commodities."
How to Apply
Please attach an up to date copy of your CV to the link provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454760