Hybrid Systems Engineering Team Leader - Up to £65K - UK
An opportunity has become available for a Hybrid Systems Specialist to join a global engineering consultancy who employs over 3000 consultants around the globe.
Primarily responsible for leading Hybrid Systems capability growth and project delivery activities - particularly in the area of Hybrid Systems and Systems Integration.
You will lead and grow the team of engineers located in Leamington Spa, Cambridge & Shoreham to ensure the delivery of high quality work and services in the hybrid vehicle arena to our customers.
Support the Market Sectors during the bidding/proposal phase by working effectively with other engineering disciplines to superior value to our customers. You should be comfortable in a client facing role.
As the Hybrid Systems Engineering Team Leader, you will also be expected to work in close partnership with programme managers and provide technical leadership on one or more projects. You will also support the ongoing development of a culture of successful and effective research and innovation. Your role will include coaching, mentoring and skill development of our engineers.
The role offers up to £65K per annum and offers various other benefits.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
Your Degree qualification will be in a technical subject and you will have some or all of the following:
- A strong track record of hybrid vehicle product development within the automotive industry, ideally leading to volume production
- Good knowledge of hybrid and electric driveline architectures, components and systems integration and experience of the attributes and trade-offs that must be considered when specifying and developing these systems
- Good general understanding of the operating principles of motors, inverters, power converters, battery chargers and battery systems and of high voltage (<1000V) power systems and associated safety management systems
- Strong leadership and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
- The ability to work in a matrix organisation and can liaise effectively across engineering departments to drive greater business value
- Strong project management skills
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills at all levels
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
- Robust character with a strong drive and motivation to succeed
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
Please contact James Tilley for details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959452814