Java/Scala developer - Akka, Kafka, CQRS (6 Month Contract)
We require a Java/Scala Developer for an exciting new position with a high profile client.
This role is required as the payment team is building a new set of API's to ensure we are as secure and innovative as we can be.
Our current focus is on a jvm based payments API using Akka orchestrating the business of taking payments (and eventually covering cash, giftcards and more).
The skills we are looking for are:
- CQRS and event sourcing
- Acceptance test driven mentality (enabling continuous delivery)
- Strong Domain and Api modelling
- Cassandra & Postgres (write and read model)
- Good OO software design experience
What's important to us:
- Acceptance test driven development, TDD, BDD
- A good domain model, enabling discussions and software that accepts changes gracefully
- Tests. Developers write them so we know our code works after every commit. We have no QAs.
- Security - we have lots of sensitive data
- Knowing our software works before we deploy it.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959455146