Prototype Build Technician
We are currently looking to recruit Prototype Build Technicians for our Automotive customer in Surrey. The ideal candidate will have production vehicle manufacturing experience and prototype build exposure.
- Follow detailed work instructions relating to the construction, painting or assembling of vehicles. Ensure that all station operations on each vehicle are completed to the required timescale and quality standard.
- Work as part of a team on the definition and solution of problems that may be affecting the quality, cost or productivity of the vehicles being produced.
- Assist with the development of vehicle assembly processes for all assembly disciplines
- Support with the development and specification of bespoke assembly tool and fixture equipment.
- Support with the identification and specification of generic hand tool requirements for both prototype and production build phases.
- Help with the generation of vehicle build concerns, documentation of and relevant root cause analysis
- Provide support with assembly of prototype vehicles during the relevant prototype and development build phase
- Support the manufacturing engineering manager with continuous improvement initiatives
- Support the Product Design Engineering team in identifying resolutions for product related issues during the digital and prototype development phases to protect the product in the field and enhance brand strength
- Work in conjunction cross functionally with the wider business organisation, to coordinate the smooth launch into production of new models and subsequent derivatives and model year changes ensuring all quality, cost and volume targets are achieved.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959452790