Head of Digital Analytics
As part of the Senior Leadership team, you will be responsible for leading the Analytics team and for the translation of business objectives into Data Science & Analytics projects. You will be a proven leader, able to motivate and inspire a dedicated and talented team, help them prioritise and manage their workload, maintaining the right balance between professionalism and fun!
You will lead the team to provide usable insights and analysis to drive decision making in all areas of the business including marketing, product, data management and finance. The role provides the opportunity to coach, develop and lead a team to make a real difference to the operations and profitability of Findmypast.
You will have strong influencing and business partnering skills, and will be comfortable collaborating with business partners from all functions and at all levels of the company including the CXOs. from the initiation of a project, through its development to its conclusion. You?ll have a web analytics background, experimentation experience and a passion for helping businesses to make data driven decisions.
The mission in Analytics is to balance being both a responsive and proactive function that helps the business to make the right decisions, faster. We are data evangelists, we work to optimise the product, the conversion funnel and our marketing channels while ensuring key stakeholders are provided with the right (and accurate) information at the right time.
- Manage and develop a team of 6 (2 data scientists and 4 Analysts) of varying seniority - managing work flow in a complex and demanding organisation.
- Leadership: Build and maintain a high performing team that develop through stretching targets and coaching / feedback. Foster and promote collaborative team-working. Maintain a training & development plan.
- Develop and deliver the long term analytics strategy: people, architecture, tools & systems, and self-serve reporting
- Analytics & Experimentation: Embed analytics & A/B testing in the product development lifecycle, ensuring tests are robust and meaningful. Drive optimisation of the conversion funnel and our multi-channel sales strategy. Own the budget for and work with external partners to deliver quantitative and qualitative research when needed.
- Data science: Champion the delivery and use of advanced predictive models within the business, e.g. recommendation engines, churn models and behavioural segmentation
- Commercial: Work closely with all departments, translate data into actionable insights that strives towards company KPIs.
- Reporting: High level supervision of reporting systems, regular and ad hoc reporting
- Architecture: End-to-end ownership of the analytics infrastructure ? on premise MSSQL/Postgres databases, Entrench the use of the analytics toolset within all relevant functions.
Essential skills and experience
- Experimentation and A/B Testing
- Developing / promoting a self-serve reporting and analytics environment within a business
- Managing a digital analytics infrastructure with Google Analytics experience to lean on
- Working with marketing teams to improve traffic metrics, understand the web advertising ecosystem
- Working with lean product teams to support site optimisation
- Working with large amounts of data with either a data science or web analytics background
- Proven experience leading a data analytics team
- Project management & delivery experience
- Prioritising the workflow from a demanding business
- Experience guiding Analytics strategy within complex organisations
- Excellent business partnering and stakeholder management skills
- Google Analytics
- Optimizely (or similar A/B testing tools)
- MS SQL
Desirable skills and experience
- Google Tag Manager
- SSIS, SSAS & SSRS
- BI tools such as PowerBI
- Basic knowledge of Python or R
- Experience with large data sets e.g. 1 Billion+ rows
- Similarweb or other competitor analysis tools
- StrongView or other CRM mailing systems
- Numerical / computer science / data science or similar degree
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454781