Technical Specialist - Thorne
£38000 - £40000 per annum
Monday - Friday
Venatu Consulting are currently working in partnership with our client in the recruiting of a Mercedes trained Technical Specialist to be based at Thorne, Doncaster, South Yorkshire.
To create a centre of technical competency within the business to optimise service quality and the customer experience. Positively affect the dealers CSI, FFV, MOT, Warranty and R&M performance by identifying and acting upon training, equipment, process and product issue reporting. The role will be working in-conjunction with the Workshop Controller and Service Team Leader.
Ultimately, the job of the Technical Specialist is to think outside the box however, always thinking of the basic principles, leading the technical development with your depot and to drive forward the current business.
This will include: -
Communicating technical updates on weekly basis to relevant staff member.
- Monitor VOR on a daily basis and ensure the escalation process has been followed.
- Coaching of Technician when the technician cannot solve an issue or the vehicles returns to the depot with the same fault.
- Review and mentor the apprentices on a regular basis.
- Principle liaison with MBUK on all technical issues including any customer complaints escalated to head of department and MBUK.
- Ensure that Technical Product Reports are in line with MBUK guidelines.
- Use KPIs measures to identify performance improvement areas including Customer Satisfaction, Fixed First Visit, MOT pass rate, Repair & Maintenance and Warranty performance.
- Ensure that special tools are accessible, complete and in a serviceable condition at all sites and completing a quarterly update on your workshop tooling.
- Regularly review the quality of the dealer's repair work in the workshop (including quality control output and training needs analysis 10% of workload).
- Ensure technical systems such as TIPs Reader and Case Management and current software releases for WIS/ASRA and DAS are regularly updated and accessible in all workshops at all times and that essential IT hardware is available and in a serviceable condition. All workshops must have live web access in the workshop to support the above systems.
- Attend internal quarterly Technical Specialist meetings.
- Assist with planning and implementing required training to technicians to ensure they achieve company and Personal Development Plans.
Experience and Skills
- Specialist training.
- Dedicated Technical Specialist training.
- Organisation and administration.
- Sound knowledge of MBUK and Dealer Group operating policies and procedures including: customer complaints, goodwill policy and Mobility Go.
- IT Skills.
- General PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet. Be familiar with the relevant Dealer Management System (Kerridge, Pinnacle).
- FFFMBUK Diagnostic Technician status in Truck and Van.
- Class 1 licence beneficial.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Company van.
- Fuel card.
- Mobile and laptop.
- Holidays, 22 increasing to 25 plus stats.
- Access to Mercedes training.
- Product training.
- Workplace Pension.
- Life insurance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959453818