Software Support Engineer
If you are looking to grow your career with an award winning company, look no further!
We are recruiting an I.T. Engineer with strong SQL skills for the world?s largest, most dynamic, e-gaming software development company. An exceptional candidate to be part of an exceptional company.
*Please note that this position is based on the Isle of Man* - Relocation Assistance is available. Please see Benefits section below for full details.
You will be supporting and servicing software throughout the group. The role focuses on integrating customers, external parties, and content suppliers with global e-gaming systems.
The successful candidate will have experience providing technical support for software applications, specifically Microsoft SQL. They will love to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex issues for clients:
- Exceptional SQL and problem solving skills, including a minimum of two years? experience in troubleshooting SQL based issues.
- Demonstrable experience in Windows Server applications.
- Good communication skills including excellent English is a must, as you will be acting as a key point of contact for clients. Fluency in other languages are a benefit.
- Previous experience using a ticketing system and providing technical support.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies and IT infrastructure (servers, networking, and storage).
- Microsoft qualifications including both MCSA and MCSE (SQL server track).
- Experience in a high volume transactional environment.
- Web or API knowledge.
- Testing experience.
- Linux qualifications or experience.
With over 2,500 employees, operating in multiple countries over various jurisdictions, our client is the largest e-gaming software provider in Europe.
On the Isle of Man they provide support services for the global operation. Working closely with top class development teams to produce and release content for the online gaming industry, our client?s style is to create a collaborative, team environment where ideas can thrive.
Recently nicknamed ?Techie Heaven?, you would work in an exciting and vibrant environment, along with some of the world?s top players in their field. You?ll be fuelled not just by their free lunches and coffee bar, but also by the innovative team you become an essential part of.
?The people are awesome, the lunches are free, and the work is challenging! Two years on, this is the best move I?ve ever made.? - Existing employee
- In-house gym and studio.
- In-house dry-cleaning service.
- Free car parking.
- Daily food allowance up to £6 per day.
- Coffee and smoothie bar on-site.
- Discretionary performance bonus.
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Private medical insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Pension scheme.
For international placements, the relocation package includes:
- Generous sign on bonus.
- One month?s paid accommodation.
- One-way flight to the Isle of Man.
- Relocation assistance including setting up a bank account, finding a great place to live and getting to know other expats.
- Shipping of your personal belongings
The Isle of Man is an English speaking island nestled between the UK & Ireland. As the 8th richest country in the world it takes less than an hour?s flight (with operators including Easy Jet and British airways) from the entertainment and shopping of London. The island offers a remarkable quality of life with short commutes, high salaries, low domestic tax rates, a rich Celtic heritage, and a passionate outdoor pursuits community.
Recently named a ?UNESCO world biosphere?, the island is simply stunning, with beautiful hills, glens, and beaches. Home to many of the world?s largest e-gaming companies, it has 83,000 residents, many of which have purposely chosen to relocate here. With unemployment at 1% and crime rate even lower it?s easy to see why this green and friendly Island is nicknamed the ?Gem of the Irish sea?.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959455032