Database Analyst / Architect £325 to £375 per day
Contract Database Analyst / Architect - Bath - £325 to £375 per day
Are you a contract DBA with some Architecture experience looking for a challenging contract within an exciting company
Our client is undergoing a significant period OF growth and Change, resulting in a need for sustainable solutions and Services Re-Architect. The IT Group is remodelling and requires an exceptional Data Solution Architect, with a history and desire to Design and implement a highly customised solution to Support the business. This role requires a keen eye on mapping, Optimising and maintaining the current soon to be retired solution and drive the design, build and operations of the future solutions.
Playing a key role in the future of all IT solutions for our client you will be responsible for all Data design, Transition and operational activities. A Mixture of green field and legacy solutions your considerable experience will add ultimate value to the speed and quality of data delivery.
Principal areas of Responsibility
- Service Design, Transition and Operations of all Incumbent and future data sources and solutions
- Determines database structural requirements by analysing operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems;
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems and documentation; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Optimises database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Educating, IT peers and users by conducting training, wherever required.
- Provides database support by coding utilities and resolving active incidents and problems.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Database Design, Data Maintenance, Database Security, Database Management, Requirements Analysis, Teamwork, Technical Zeal, Project Management, Presenting Technical Information, Training, Operating Systems
- 10+ Years data design implementation and Support
- MSSQL Certified - essential
- Agile, Prince Exposer and or certification desired
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to interact effectively with internal and external clients, peers, management and cross-functional areas, to build relationships and use facilitation skills with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Able work under pressure
- Able to multi task
- Strong analytical and strategic skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to succeed in a highly matrixed, virtual and international culture where change and speed are part of daily work.
For more information call Howard on ************* or respond to this advert.
Larson Resource Group Limited is registered in England & Wales with a company number 06110626. Registered office address is Windsor House Cornwall Road Harrogate HG1 2PW. Our VAT number is 916 0028 57. Larson Resource Group Limited trades as an Employment Agency when placing permanent candidates and as an Employment Business when placing Contractors (under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment and Business Regulations 2003) In accordance with these regulations you should have received a copy of our Client Terms of Business. If you have not received a copy please contact a member of staff immediately. All discounted rates quoted are only valid providing all other terms are met in accordance with our standard Client Terms of Business. For more information on Larson Resource Group please review our website *********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445953