IT Field Engineer
MUST DRIVE AND HAVE OWN CAR
This is an exciting opportunity in the IT Support industry as a Field Engineer. You will be part of a leading infrastructure partner and offer technical support to leading vendors.
This role will be based from the head office and will also require travel to client sites, Berkshire, Reading and over London areas.
- Primarily involved in responding to and resolving customer opportunities.
- You may be working on a customers help desk, attending a number of the customer sites during a roll out or being involved in customer one off situations.
- Troubleshooting any technical issues on site - hardware/software.
- Communicating at various levels explaining the solution to the customer which requires strong customer service skills.
- Configuration - all aspects of desktop/server hardware installation and builds and delivery to customer environment.
- Microsoft support for all aspects (MS Office, Windows (desktop), Windows (Server), Exchange, TCP/IP, General Network troubleshooting, desktop troubleshooting)
- Hardware support for all aspects (HP/IBM/Dell/Apple server hardware, all aspects of desktop hardware troubleshooting, printer/fax/phone hardware and software troubleshooting/maintenance)
- Installing customer hardware and software on site.
- Fault finding and fixing PC users hardware and software
- Must be able to travel to customer sites in the UK, drive and have your own car.
- Experience as a Field Engineer/ Strong 1/2nd Line Support Experience.
- Windows XP, 7, 8.1 and 10, Internet Explorer, Outlook 2010, Office 20106 / O365, Anti-Virus, Domino, Windows Remote Support Tools and Network Infrastructure.
- Hardware Knowledge – PC’s, Laptops, Servers and Printers
- Needs to be literate, numerate and most importantly articulate