Server Support Engineer
Are you dynamic? Ambitious? Have a passion for people? Love to learn? Looking for a career instead of a dead-end job?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world?s largest internet technology companies, within a small team of specialists whose primary focus is exceeding the expectations of our dedicated and virtual server customers. The role includes carrying out bespoke installations / maintenance work on behalf of our customers, as well as providing general technical support. The role is based near Gloucester Docks in a fun, fast-paced office environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner.
- Taking ownership of support requests ensuring they are resolved to the customers? satisfaction.
- Upselling a range of our products on a consultative basis.
- Identifying opportunities for the sale of chargeable professional services.
- Fulfilling professional services tasks scheduled by other team members.
- Creating a record of each customer problem and spot trends when applicable.
- Escalation of issues to senior technical teams where appropriate.
- Ensuring customer expectations are managed correctly and that these expectations are met.
- Educating the customer where possible, to reduce their need to contact support.
- Promote and provide support for new products and technologies.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of our products, hosting technologies and our competitors.
- Management of Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Carrying out bespoke installations and/or maintenance based on customer requirements.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues to the customer?s satisfaction.
Measures of performance include customer satisfaction levels, quality reviews on customer interactions, number of support requests resolved and average customer handling time.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in providing outstanding customer service.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in handling difficult customers.
- Self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a busy, customer centric environment.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and/or Linux server operating systems.
- An understanding of the internet, its technologies and how it works.
- Desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to ?go the extra mile?.
- Previous help desk experience.
- Knowledge of the webhosting industry.
- Professional I.T certifications, such as: LPI or MCP.
- Strong knowledge of webhosting technologies.
- Experience using virtualisation software.
This is a full time position working 40 hours a week on a shift basis (covering the hours of 7:00am until midnight and including weekends). As a desk based role, you will spend most of your day troubleshooting customer issues via phone or email. Successful candidates will be given a two week induction course. All staff members receive regular development meetings with their line manager and new product training is given prior to release of all products.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454766