PR and Marketing Executive
PR and Marketing Executive
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000 DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time 37.5hr per week
Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for the county. We are the lead organisation for promoting and developing leisure, business and cultural tourism in Oxfordshire.
The organisation is funded in part by its Partners who come from all sectors of the Oxfordshire economy including hotels, retails, events, transport and restaurants. We work with our Partners to collectively promote their products and services and grow the visitor economy across Oxfordshire.
We currently have an opportunity for an ambitious PR and Marketing Executive, this broad ranging role is ideal for a person aspiring to develop their experience in the travel and tourism sector.
The primary responsibilities of the PR and Marketing Executive:
- Manage Experience Oxfordshire's PR activity
- Proactively respond to conference enquiries and liaise with Conference Partners accordingly
- Planning and production of printed literature to promote Partners and Experience Oxfordshire including the annual Oxfordshire Visitor Guide
- Selling advertising and sponsorship to Partners and Non-Partners of Experience Oxfordshire
- Assist with the research and report writing for our partners
- Organise and manage Experience Oxfordshire presence at travel shows
- Assist with planning and organising a schedule of partner meetings and networking events
- Develop and deliver marketing campaigns in line with the overall marketing strategy
- Assist with the management of Experience Oxfordshire's websites and social media channels
- Ensure overall brand guidelines and standards are adhered to in all marketing collateral
- Build good relationships with Experience Oxfordshire partners and stakeholders
The role will require some evening and weekend work to attend meetings and events as requested by the line manager.
The ideal PR and Marketing Executive will:
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant subject
- Have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a Marketing/PR role
- Have experience of working in the travel and tourism sector
- Show demonstrable experience of strategic working with partners/stakeholders
- Have experience in generating advertising income
- Have experience of using social media channels as part of the marketing mix
- Be knowledgeable in using content management systems for updating websites
- Have excellent project management skills
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent planning and organising skills
- Show a positive attitude; someone who is keen to learn and suggest ideas
- Be prepared to take on a broad range of tasks
- Have an ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, an experienced team player
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise effectively and works well under pressure and to deadlines
- Be resourceful and flexible in response to challenges
- Possess excellent attention to detail
To apply for the role, please submit your CV for consideration including a cover letter stating why you believe you are suitable for the role.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on the 23rd November 2017. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews will take place week commencing the 29th November 2017.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444847