BI Developer (Banking / Savings) - Manchester - £50k + generous benefits package
"A superb opportunity to join a rapidly growing Financial Services Company."
Our Financial Services client is looking for a BI Developer to join their MIS Team. The successful candidate will be assigned to the MIS team to maintain and help evolve the organisation?s data delivery and reporting with a focus on implementing best practices. Candidates must have full project lifecycle experience from dimensional modelling through to OLAP cubes and supporting end-user reporting. Experience in handling Big Data would be advantageous.
The BI Developer will build and maintain BI infrastructure, artefacts and objects, documentation, unit testing and provide guidance to other team members and business users. The daily activities for this position include the design, development, documentation and debugging of data warehouse objects, ETL packages, OLAP cubes and reporting solutions.
The successful candidate will:
- Design, build and manage dimensionally-modelled data warehouse.
- Work with the Data Architect and MI team to create robust, best-practice driven data warehouse designs and ETL strategies.
- Minimise duplication of data, ETL and logic to achieve the "single source of the truth".
- Demonstrate the ability to understand overall system impacts while focusing on specific user requirements.
- Maximise the timely availability of management information.
Skills & Experience
- SQL Server 2008/2012/2014.
- ETL frameworks.
- ETL design and development, preferable within SSIS.
- Advanced Analysis Services experience including MDX scripting, partitioning and aggregations.
- Front-end reporting including SSRS, Power BI and SharePoint/PerformancePoint.
- Kimball dimensional modelling and DW methodology.
- Experience of .Net within SQL Server, Analysis Services and Integration Services *********#).
- Experience of Big Data and Data Lakes.
- Experience within the banking industry.
- Qualifications and professional memberships.
In return you can expect a remuneration package of around £50k plus a market competitive benefits package.
Please contact Mike Evans to discuss in confidence
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454894