Lead Auditor / Audit Senior / Internal Auditor
Job Title: Internal Audit and Business Improvement Manager
Salary: £30,776-£36,124 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 15 November 2017 (midday)
Expected Interview Date: week commencing 27/11/17
Our Client is the lead body for Scotland's historic environment; a charity dedicated to the advancement of heritage, culture, education and environmental protection. They are at the forefront of researching and understanding the historic environment, and addressing the impact of climate change on its future.
About the Role:
In this new role you will be a key member of an organisation-wide function that will take the lead on promoting a culture of business improvement, creating additional capacity to support management with change and innovation, as well as providing risk-based, objective assurance to the board. You will work closely with the Head of Internal Audit and Business Improvement in developing the new team and leading in the delivery of internal audit and business improvement activities with exposure to senior stakeholders across the organisation.
Key responsibilities, duties and objectives
Internal audit and business improvement
- Leading on the planning and delivery of internal audit assignments within time and resource targets and deadlines, ensuring the work adheres to quality and professional standards.
- Building and managing relations with clients and key stakeholders throughout the audit process to ensure they understand and are bought in to emerging findings and recommendations.
- Serving as a critical friend or a provider of advice to projects teams or business units on risk management, governance and internal control arrangements.
- Challenging current practice, championing good practice and serving as a catalyst for improving risk management and governance within the business.
- Facilitating workshops that enable clients to elicit and discuss business risks or discuss current/planned working arrangements and opportunities for improvement in processes and controls.
- Contributing to continuous improvement of the services and products offered by Internal Audit, or internal processes; publicising best practice across the team.
- Supporting the Head of Internal Audit and Business Improvement with implementing, and maintaining, a framework of business improvement across the organisation, advising on best practise standards, drawing together lessons learnt, and promoting a climate of accountability, openness, collaboration and innovation.
- Any other duties that may be required, as specified by your line manager.
- Coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
- Identifying continuous professional development (CPD) requirements.
- Managing internal auditors provided by our co-source internal audit partner.
- Delivering excellent Service - Demonstrating a commitment to quality services
- Teamwork - Contributing to and supporting working together
- Planning and Organising - Putting plans and resources in place to achieve results
- Communication - Communicating appropriately and clearly
- Knowledge & Expertise - Applying and developing knowledge and expertise to achieve results - (See below for specific criteria)
- Achieving results - Focusing on the delivery of objectives
- Leading your team - Leading and developing people
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of delivering external or internal audit assignments
- Experience of managing and delivering projects within time and resource targets and deadlines, while ensuring the work adheres to quality and professional standards
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Understanding of risk frameworks and proactive change within a well-managed risk environment
- Ability to engage with all areas of large and/or complex organisations, building relationships internally and externally to identify key issues and achieve most effective solutions
- Experience of having used data analytics techniques to improve the quality of audit delivery
- Proficient IT skills including use of Word, Excel and Visio
- Experience using data visualisation tools to analyse complex data sets
- Experience auditing IT and Digital change/transformation programmes
Certified Internal Auditor or a recognised accounting/auditing qualification (e.g. ICAS, ICAEW, ACCA, CIPFA), part-qualified candidates are welcome to apply and, if successful, will be supported to complete their qualification (Essential)
What they offer:
- flexible working hours (where appropriate)
- special leave
- maternity/paternity leave
- adoption leave
- childcare vouchers
If you are interested in this role please click the APPLY button for the full job description and application pack. The link to apply, and a full job description, will also be sent to your email.
Candidates with experience of; Senior Insurance Auditor, Senior Audit, Insurance Auditor, Senior Auditor, Lead Auditor, Audit Lead, Audit Senior, Audit Consultant, ACCA, ACA, ICAEW may be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449519