QA Automation Test Engineer- Dublin
QUALITY TEST ENGINEER
This is a position in Quality Assurance responsible for developing and executing automated testing solutions. This position works with engineering and product management to apply automation strategy and to plan and execute effective and efficient performance and automation testing to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data to market. This position collaborates with team members to implement standardized automated testing processes. This position is also responsible for providing sizing estimates, organizing test plan reviews and scheduling test demos.
Experience and Education
- Extensive background of Quality Test Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
Some Key Responsibilities
- Innovate process improvements that enable efficient delivery and maintenance with consistent direction.
- Work hand in hand with developers to code automated testing solutions that provide efficient regression testing, parallel testing and functional testing.
- Develop new testing tools and open stack technologies in a developer role that aides in the automation of the continuous integration strategy
- Configure, maintain, and/or administer testing tools or environments.
- Develop and execute automated and performance testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
- Collect and review automated metrics in order to drive process improvements.
- Interact with Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
- Plan and execute automated and performance tests working with QA/Testing staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts.
- Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance testing capabilities and product quality.
- Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
- Research and identify root causes of performance issues in partnership with architects, developers, and network and system engineers.
- Work across teams to enhance quality assurance/testing and help to develop/execute performance and automation testing throughout the business as appropriate.
- Proficient in developing automated frameworks using Selenium
- Proficient in security testing on applications running in a cloud environment
- Proficient in developing queries in SQL, MySQL
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies
- Strong background in scripting and programming languages like Java, python, Ruby
- Strong experience in testing web services using tools like SOAP UI and Rest
- Strong research skills (tools/root cause analysis).
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Hands on experience with development tools such as JIRA, Git Lab, Jenkins.
- Experience with testing applications on AWS services
- Experience in developing automated metrics
- Experience with OpenStack technologies such as Cucumber
- Experience testing on Data Driven projects
- Ability to drive DEVOPS/Continuous Integration concepts in QA management process
- Experience on UNIX and LINUX servers ? Awareness of OS & commands
- Exhibits innovative approaches to process improvement.
- Experience in Administration of testing tools/environments.
We?re a superb company to work for, with great people, great benefits, world class technology, market leading products, a culture of innovation and collaboration, and superb career prospects.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of FTS 100, RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries.
LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959450413