Animax is a subsidiary company of Clinimax. They employ approximately 50 members of staff. Animax is a British company specialising in the research, development and manufacture of nutritional boluses, sheep dips and disinfectants; whilst Clinimax is a British company dedicated to the research, development and manufacture of infection control products for use by the healthcare professional.
Animax is a manufacturing company for both animal health and human health. The data centre is run mainly on site across both buildings with migration to cloud taking place throughout 2018. They have an opportunity for an apprentice to join the team.
This apprenticeship position will focus on areas of computer operations, user and desktop support (hardware and software), helpdesk, and data management.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering calls and e-mails regarding computer network or communication systems
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
- Monitor and assist others in the operation of computer hardware, software and peripherals in order to achieve desired results
- Software installs and updates
- Take part in annual DRP & BCP business checks
- Design and produce basic reports
- Monitor and assist with MDM
- Provide basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment and may assist with testing network computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose hardware versus software problems
- Maintain clear, concise records
- Checking computer hardware (HDD, mouse, keyboard etc.) to ensure functionality
- Maintaining system databases / inventory log
- Assist with training users on the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure
- Maintain records / logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedules
- Good knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems
- Good knowledge of mobile device use
- Understanding of internet and data security
- Excellent timekeeping
- Willingness to learn
- Willingness to get involved
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Confident written and verbal communication
- Ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment adhering to tight timescales
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959453749