Are you an experienced Service Engineer with a background in electro-mechanical equipment? Do you live in or are you prepared to relocate to the Midlands, Oxford or London area? Do you want to join a growing business with an excellent brand? If you can answer yes to these questions please read on!
As a Service Engineer you will be responsible for the service, installation, breakdown, repair and calibration of a wide range of innovative electro-mechanical equipment, utilised within life sciences, healthcare and pharmaceutical environments. You will be working across the Midlands, Oxfordshire and London regions.
The quality and care that is put into their products and services saves lives. A key part of this role is delivering a great customer experience; the ideal candidate will demonstrate experience in a customer facing role. Their customers expect great service and they're focused on providing exceptional products combined with a world-class level of aftercare.
- To carry out planned maintenance and breakdown calls on customer's equipment, in accordance with company procedures.
- To liaise with the Service Department daily to determine programme of work.
- To prioritise and attend all breakdowns as notified in the most efficient and cost effective manner, within 48 hours, unless otherwise agreed.
- To carry out all Contract Servicing as arranged with the service scheduler ensuring that the most cost effective work programme is carried out.
- Follow product service, repair and installation method statements.
- To carry out all installation in accordance with the relevant British and European Standards, following all safety guidelines and instructions issued as agreed with the client.
- Record all information of work carried out electronically or on the appropriate Service Form, ensuring the customer or authorised representative approves the work completed as acceptance that work has been carried out to their satisfaction.
- Forward service report forms to head office on a daily basis in accordance with administration procedures, to enable invoices to be raised.
- To prepare and submit accurate weekly details of time worked and expenses incurred in the fulfilment of the work in accordance with company procedures.
- To carry out work anywhere in the UK or abroad as required.
Essential skill / requirements:
- Full UK driving licence and valid passport essential.
- You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in servicing and maintaining electro mechanical systems and products as well as strong technical diagnostic skills.
- Good communication and organisational skills are essential as is the ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- A positive, flexible and results orientated approach
- The candidate should be able to work autonomously and demonstrate good decision qualities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and in particular the ability to interact well with overseas distributors and customers
- A robust personality, able to handle pressurised situations
- A "can do" approach with capability to solve complex international problems in real-time.
- A close attention to detail to produce work of a high standard is essential.
Education / training:
- Strong background in electro mechanical /electronic principals, ideally qualified to HND/HNC level or equivalent.
A competeitve salary and excellent benefits package is on offer to the sucessful candidate which includes; company car, holidays, your birthday off, excellent pension scheme and life assurance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449439