- Based in Harrogate
- £35,000 per annum
- Car allowance
- Plus, Benefits
Our client has a history steeped in tradition, but only in so far as the traditional product it crafts and refurbishes with pride. In terms of the business itself, it?s a thoroughly innovative and progressive organisation with a national presence, and plans for further significant growth. On the back of its success the company has recently moved to new and modern premises, and the working environment is, like its product, of the best quality. This role provides a great opportunity for someone who has worked in an organisation in which they have gained experience and an understanding of products through its entire journey i.e. design and creation to order and installation.
The Ideal Candidate
Will be an excellent people manager. You will understand the importance of driving performance through your own need to deliver excellence at all times. You will be a natural communicator who can adapt their approach according to the needs of internal and external stakeholders, and above all you will be the type of individual your teams can learn from and respect. This company is all about team-work, so you will need to be able to demonstrate how you can develop and support teams to continually achieve the businesses objective in respect of delivering a 5* service.
You will support a team of local supervisors who will support local teams of installers on a national basis. Working with the support of Project/Commercial Administrators you will:
- Depending on the size of the project you will work with multiple site stakeholders i.e. Surveyors, builders and installers who will all require you to provide the necessary paperwork and specifications needed to complete the works
- Oversee the activity of all the local installations teams ensuring that they have the necessary technical specification, plans and materials needed to complete the projects within agreed timescales and budgets. Ultimately ensuring that projects are completed to the highest standards and in line with agreed KPI?s and SLA?s.
- Attend the sites and offer support to the supervisors and installers as required
- Monitor and manage any H&S issues and queries
- Train and induct new permanent installations team members (the company does not use subcontractors)
- Build good relationships with customers by attending to any escalated queries or concerns throughout the project, who will, on completion and as an outcome of experiencing a 5* service, act as the company?s advocates, which in turn will help to grow the business. Most of the company?s business to date has grown because of great recommendations
- Sign off completed works
- Report into the senior management team, providing updates on field experience and activities in terms of project delivery, market intelligence and commercial insights
Essential Skills Sets and Experience
- A strong management background within a manufacturing and installations business in either a commercial or domestic environment (end to end)
- An ability to understand technical and commercial specifications, and can communicate these to internal teams ensuring strong collaboration with those involved, to get the job done
- A proven track record of managing and developing people through good leadership, mentoring and training (all staff are employed and not sub-contractors, so you will need to demonstrate and provide evidence of how you manage in what can sometimes be a challenging environment)
- Can provide support and guidance to teams at a distance with great effect
- Is a problem solver and can offer hands on solutions to achieve the right outcomes, independently and in the best interests of both the customer and the business
- Can travel to locations as and when required to offer local support (there are local team leaders, so this is not necessarily a weekly requirement)
- Great customer and stakeholder engagement skills ? will build and nurture relationships assuring personal commitment to getting things done the right way
- Is focused on continual improvement and quality, and has worked to ISO 9002 standards
This really is a great opportunity for someone seeking further growth in their career within an established and reputable company. For more information please contact Janet McGlaughlin.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959451437