Linux Systems Administrator
My client, a fast growing start up company within the financial sector, is looking for a Linux Systems Administrator, to join their dynamic team, based in the heart of Sheffield. As Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring the infrastructure; also, to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
You will become an integral part of the team, making every problem of the platform a problem of your own, and solving them accordingly.
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- Maintaining platform security and updates
For this role you will need the following:
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Bind, Apache, MySQL, nginx, etc.
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools, such as Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Linux IPVS, HAProxy, Varnish, etc.
- Experience with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Rackspace
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Knowledge of servers, VPN's and switches
- Experience with network filesystems, such as GlusterFS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes would be a bonus
This is an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking business, who have a real emphasis on putting their customers at the forefront of everything they do. If this sounds of interest, then we'd love to hear from you!
Affecto Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency in this instance and is an equal opportunities employer.
Affecto Recruitment work in all roles within IT including Sys Admins, Dev Ops, Android and iOS Developers, Infrastructure Engineers, Test Analysts, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Data Analysts, MI Analysts, BI Analysts and Embedded Software Engineers with a vast range of clients UK wide but predominantly South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959450547