IT Project Manager
Imperial College London is one of the UK's leading Universities, with a world-wide reputation for excellence in teaching and research. With an international community, home to 15,300 students from more than 125 countries and 7,500 staff we are investing in our vision for the future with a new £150 million research and translation hub. As part of this transforming organisation we understand the importance of technology for the student of today and how a digitally connected campus can transform the student experience.
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for a new challenge in a large complex organisation?
As part of this pioneering institution, Imperial College London is looking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Project Manager who is looking for their next career move. Working within a large and complex project environment you will be working within the Space Technology and Collaboration Portfolio Team managing a range of projects across estates, space and collaboration tools.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager you will utilise your extensive experience within a complex environment to manage projects from conception through to implementation to ensure success delivery of a range of applications and infrastructure related projects.
As part of the transformation within ICT there is a focus on building key relationships with our business users to enable us to become more agile in our delivery. Your role will be to understand our business and how best to implement technology solutions and changes in services across this changing IT landscape. You will ensure solutions are designed to enable us to leverage our existing and new digital technologies providing long term benefits.
In this key role, you will work with the portfolio management team to drive continuous improvement and implement best practice and industry standards to help create a high performing team.
- Substantial experience of managing large IT and technology change projects within fast-paced, delivery focussed enterprise environment using a variety of methodologies and techniques including Prince2 and Agile.
- Proven experience of managing full project lifecycle within a complex IT environment from inception through to implementation, including change management.
- Experience of using Project management tools, like MS Project Pro, System11, Primavera or others.
- Strong experience across project planning and management (including resource and budget management).
- Understanding of business and process analysis and experience of translating requirements in to a defined project.
- Proven experience in building strong relationships across organisation boundaries, stakeholder groups including internal and external partners to enable the smooth delivery of complex IT projects.
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict whilst building successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups
As an employer of choice Imperial College London offers an extensive benefits package including
- Salary of up to £54,880
- 25 days' annual leave plus College closure over Christmas and Easter plus Bank Holidays
- Competitive pension package
Close date: Thursday 16th November
Please note interviews will be held onsite at the University in South Kensington on Tuesday 28th November.
Please visit our dedicated recruitment site ************************-college-london/index.htm to apply online and for more information about the exciting transformation at Imperial College London.
For more information please contact Amanda Whicher on *************
Imperial Expectations guide the behaviour of all our staff.
Committed to equality and valuing diversity, we are also an Athena SWAN Silver Award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and are working in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published. For more information, see ***********************************-and-innovation/about-imperial-research/research-evaluation/
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445419