Project Manager - Industrial Automation
As part of the continued growth and further development plans of the company, we are actively looking to recruit an experienced and professional Project Manager to help support this aggressive plan.
You will have experience of Material Handling Systems for Automotive manufacture or Airport Baggage Handling Systems.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for the delivery of projects identifying revenue opportunities and effectively managing contractual relationships. The ability to influence through persuasion and relationships is essential to being successful in this position.
A minimum of 8 years working experience, in the field of industrial automation systems. You will be used to establishing and implementing controls and reporting systems. Previous senior responsibilities within major automation projects, ideally within Automotive/Airport Material Handling projects, including management of multi-disciplined project teams is preferred.
You will possess the broad skills involved in establishing and running project services function including building a team, developing organisational structures, designing work processes and implementing the project controls systems solution. Adept at implementing effective risk management and change control processes, you should possess good understanding of functions and implementation issues with project control systems.
Self motivation and a high level of individual initiative will be required. Strong communication skills and the ability to delegate as appropriate while exercising a significant level of follow up to achieve objectives is essential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- To fully project manage multi-million pound valued projects
- Liaise with and manage the work provided by customers and clients
- Liaise with and manage the work provided to third party suppliers
- Obtain and draw up detailed requirements from the project
- Use MS Project and the established principles of Prince 2 to plan and monitor the projects
- Proactively identify risk areas and ensure contingency actions are quickly implemented
- Take time and effective action to ensure project remains on schedule and achieves milestones and develop the programme management of the related projects
- Provide weekly reporting of progress and escalate issues as appropriate
- Identify, establish and maintain positive business relationship with the project sponsors
- Lead the technical and operational projects as PM and manage the continuous internal projects via the established change control processes
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manner when dealing with customer , suppliers and company staff
- To complete and file all relevant documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures
- To maintain good communications with all interested parties to the project
- Adhere to Health & Safety requirements and best practices at all times
- Such duties as directed by a Manager which may be necessary, from time to time & may be reasonably required.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959446903