Information Security & Business Continuity Manager
My client, a utilities supplier in the North West, is expanding their security team with a new permanent role for an Information Security and Business Continuity Manager. They are looking for an individual to develop and deliver an Information Security and Business continuity Management system including policies, training and systems in line with ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 respectively. The individual will act as group level representative for professional advice for all information security and Business continuity related matters within the group. Under the direction of the group audit and compliance manager, they will also be responsible for delivering company strategic goals for Information Security, through the support and application of Information Security programs.
- Fulfil the role of Data Protection Officer to ensure EU and UK data protection laws are complied with.
- Report on Information Security and Business Continuity performance to Board of Directors.
- Co-ordinate and manager Information Security and Business Continuity communication teams to ensure that Information Security and Business Continuity policies and practice are being effectively communicated.
- Incident Management; administration of incident forms, advise colleagues, ensure follow-up actions have been completed, identify trends and work with relevant people.
- Risk Management; monitor and evaluate risk profile, work to ensure risks are correctly represented, coach managers on responsibilities.
- Represent company in relation to Information Security during sales and Marketing and BAU activities.
- Conduct 2nd party supplier audits on behalf of group for Information security and business continuity matters.
- A relevant professional qualification.
- Strategic experience of delivering an Information Security and Business continuity management system within an organisation.
- Experience of developing Information Security and Business Continuity policies and procedures.
- Experience of information security and business continuity risk management frameworks.
- Experience of conducting 1st party internal and 2nd party supplier audits.
- Experience of representing a company during 3rd party external audits.
- Expert knowledge of ISO 27001 and knowledge of ISO 22301.
This is a new role based in the head offices at Wigan, so a great opportunity for someone to make the role their own, with the ability to build out and develop the clients expanding information security and business continuity capability.