Junior Java Developer
Junior Java Developer
Junior Java Developer required to join an instantly recognisable national IT company based in Salford Quays, Manchester. This is a permanent opportunity paying a salary circa £20-28k with added benefits including 25 days annual leave. An exciting time to join a new strategic development team.
Our client is a challenger brand in the world of Broadband, Phone, Mobile and TV. Their aim is to bring the best value connectivity, to everyone. They believe every customer matters, so they offer products and services that are simple, affordable, reliable and fair.
A fun working environment where you can be yourself and give your all. You'll be called on to out-think the competition and work closely with your colleagues to come up with new ideas, and deliver great results for customers. This is your chance to make a difference, and great performance will take you far.
In this role you will learn from experienced Java Developers and gain valuable skills working on the clients service management tool (HPSA). This is a varied Java Development role which will give you this opportunity to use JAVA, J2EE, JBOSS App Server, Web Service Development and Oracle.
As well as providing subject matter expertise on the HPSA product set, a Product Engineer works closely with the other members of the Delivery team supporting technical leadership within the department. A Product Engineer provides operational support to the technology operations teams to ensure the OSS systems are operationally available and stable.
Reasons to Join
- 10-15% annual bonus scheme
- 25 Days annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Casual clothing
- 20 % off Metrolink
- Free on site parking
- Autonomy to work on exciting projects
- Future proof your skill set, learn new technologies
- Opportunity to work with a globally recognised company
- A company that truly looks after it's staff with some of the best benefits in the industry
Key Skills / Responsibilities
- Implement configuration, work flow and code changes to the HPSA product set.
- Develop unit tests
- Support functional test case creation and functional test execution
- Execute functional tests
- Prepare systems / changes for deployment
- Develop automated functional tests
- Work with the Senior Product Engineer, System Designer and Tester to deliver systems that meet the customer's needs and are right first time every time
- Deliver all work tasks to agreed deadlines.
- Diagnose and help with the correction of any technical problems occurring in the production systems.
- Contribute to the Systems Design
- Support test planning and functional test case design
- Create Deployment Artefacts
- Support the release team during deployment
- Assist Delivery team leaders in release planning
- Support the Technical Operations teams and Delivery Operations Manager to ensure OSS Systems are operationally stable.
- Provide technical leadership, advice and guidance to the rest of department
- Help to define and promote best practices for HPSA product exploitation
- Ensure quality of configuration / work flow / code produced by team by performing peer reviews and delivering feedback.
Essential Skills / Experience
- Degree or equivalent in IT, Computer Science or Software Engineering etc
- Experience using Java
Desirable Skills / Experience
- 6 months - 1 year commercial experience
- Understanding of telecoms products and services
- Understanding of telecoms networks and activation
- Experience with JSP, AJAX, Hibernate
If this opportunity is of interest to you then please submit your details in the first instance. For further information feel free to contact James Brown on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959439703