Operational Risk Manager
About the Company:
My client is a small private bank based in the heart of London who are looking for an Operational Risk Manager to join their growing team within the Wholesale Department.
About the Role:
- Oversight of the Operational Risk Activities of Wholesale Lending and Trading Businesses. Oversee and assist senior management within the business areas in scope front to back to effectively identify, quantify manage and report the Operational Risk profile of their business as well as ensuring they operate a robust secondary control infrastructure and discharge their mandated Operational Risk responsibilities.
- Maintaining and updating policies and framework governance documents relating to Operational Risk.
- Liaison with and influence of all key stakeholders to ensure their engagement in the drafting of the new policies and the updating of existing policies.
- Scenario analysis programme, including liaison with all business lines to develop appropriate scenarios that stress the operational control environment and determine the impact and control vulnerabilities associated with a given scenario, including the quantification for determining ICAAP where relevant for Specialised Bank.
- Managing with the wider IBP Ops Risk team the consolidation, tracking and reporting of Internal Audit and Compliance Monitoring findings across IBP. Ensuring that all points are tracked and managed as well as agreeing IA & CM issues raised by relevant assurance with the business stakeholders
- Planning and coordination of assessment of the service arrangements including the consolidation and verification of the key performance and risk indicators.
- Participation in Operational Risk forums and working groups. Promote operational risk awareness and conduct training for all employees.
- Interaction and Co-ordination with IT Operational Risk team
- Partner with business to enhance and develop risk indicators, assess risks associated with new products and new business in accordance with policy.
- Maintain relationships with key Operational risk bodies, such as ORX, ORIC
- A very good understanding of risk and controls within a financial services industry
- In depth knowledge of Wholesale Products and Services
- Good understanding of Operational Risk methodologies
- Understanding of BCP/Incident, Crisis Management
- Someone who thinks outside the box in situations to resolve the issue
- Good communication and organisational skills
If this role is for you please apply or contact me directly to find out more.