Infrastructure / Facilities Manager
Infrastructure / Facilities Manager
If you're a commercially focussed senior manager with a strategic, forward-thinking mindset, this career opportunity to utilise your expertise as part of an ambitious business is one not to be missed!
Who will I be working with?
Arriva TrainCare (ATC) is an independent rolling stock maintenance and refurbishment business based in Crewe, with depots across 5 locations in the UK. The successful, rapidly evolving organisation, is going through a massive transformation at real pace, with a strong order book for 2017 and beyond. ATC is part of Arriva, which is part of the Deutsche Bahn group, one of the largest transport services organisations in Europe, employing over 55,900 people and delivering more than 1.5 billion passenger journeys across 15 European countries every year.
You'll be part of a professional team with these core behaviours at heart;
- One Arriva - We work as one team, 'together we are Arriva';
- Great customer experience - We keep our customers happy every day;
- Doing the right thing - We look after our customers, colleagues and the environment, and always put safety first;
- Thinking beyond - We are curious and inspired to think beyond today for an even bigger and better Arriva tomorrow.
What will the role of Infrastructure / Facilities Manager entail?
Reporting to the Head of Engineering Delivery, as the Infrastructure Manager you'll be responsible for planning and executing all company infrastructure asset management, in particular and with respect to the Asset Management Strategy, the Annual Budget as well as the Annual and Lifecycle Maintenance Plans.
You will co-ordinate and plan the maintenance schedule for all company facilities, strategically and day to day, whilst managing and supervising the Facilities department. This will require planning, organising, directing and inspecting the work of the Facilities team, including performance reviews and training.
What will I need to be considered for this Infrastructure / Facilities Manager vacancy?
- Proven managerial experience in building construction, maintenance work and asset / facilities management
- Solid experience within railway infrastructure maintenance
- Good understanding of mechanical equipment, air conditioning, refrigeration, fire systems, stand-by emergency power, water treatment and relevant preventative maintenance programmes
- Ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications, draw plans and write specifications and cost estimates for building repair and minor building construction work
- Experience in writing company standards
- Ability to deliver applicable health, safety and environmental standards and requirements
- Good working knowledge of all company management accreditations ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- A full valid driving licence and willingness to travel as required
The following would be advantageous, although not essential:
- Degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Professional membership of ICE (or equivalent)
- People Management training
- Strong financial and commercial acumen, preferably gained within the rail industry
What will I receive in return?
The generous rewards with this role include; an attractive salary in the region of circa. £45,000, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, pension, healthcare cover, Arriva Travel Pass, Cycle to Work scheme, Arriva Village retailer discount scheme, and childcare vouchers.
You will work full time hours on a permanent contract with your main place of work to be in the head office in Crewe.
Arriva is committed to diversity, if you're good and meet the essential criteria outlined above, you're welcome. Please include a cover letter upon submitting your CV.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Infrastructure / Facilities Management vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Arriva TrainCare. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Arriva TrainCare, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959444906