This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but growing team working within a dynamic, market-leading small business. This is a hands-on job, with responsibilities developing real-time business-critical decision support applications for the Energy Market.
This opportunity is for a delivery-based role primarily focused on development with aspects of testing included. The successful candidate will operate as part of a team where their role will include:
- Analysis, interpretation, validation of User and System requirements to assist in the design, development, coding and testing of the companies market leading SaaS offering.
- Design and development of real time .NET web applications focusing on the Energy Trading, generation and supply market.
- Reviewing, testing and bug fixing of existing code and code developed by other developers in the team.
You will be:
- Working in a small office with a friendly atmosphere
- Hours of work ? 40 per week, Monday to Friday
Key Skills required
- Ability to work professionally, quickly and accurately whilst under pressure with a friendly, positive can do attitude.
- Self-motivated, pleasant personality. Must enjoy working in a small team and individually.
- Ability to communicate with accuracy and clarity in both verbal and written communications, especially with internal staff at all levels.
- Excellent working knowledge of relational database principles and database integration.
- Experience using MS Visual Studio.
- A strong ability to solve numerical problems and implement web based solutions with excellent attention to detail.
- Have a 2.1 in a relevant Masters or under graduate degree or at least 5 years demonstrable relevant and current experience.
- Experience of system, user and unit testing.
- Good understanding of MS Office tools, (Excel, Word etc) and the Internet is very important.
- Knowledge of OLEDB, coding windows services, ASP.NET server controls, JQuery widgets, and mobile applications.
- An understanding of SQL and the ability to write SQL statements to interact with a database.
- An understanding of source control techniques and tools, including SVN.
- Knowledge of software installations and support.
- An interest in a small business.
- Knowledge of current internet standards and security.
- Confident telephone manner.
Previous experience required
- Experience developing and testing real time operational business critical software.
- Experience with the development technologies listed above.
Portfolio of previous website projects that show level of work and expertise would be very advantageous.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959438433