Data Architect (Google Cloud Platform/Azure/AWS/Java/Python)
Data Architect - Google Cloud Platform/Azure/AWS/Java/Python
Our client, a global leading media organisation are looking for a Data Architect to join one of their new tech teams. The Data Architect will be focusing on helping them improve their scalability and alignment to other internal systems by initially replacing their current Data Warehouse with a new Google Cloud Platform based solution.
The Data Architect role would ideally suit someone with Google Cloud platform experience but not essential! Previous experience of delivering cloud based solutions backed up by solid Java and Python development skills would also be ideal.
As the Data Architect, you will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a new centralised data store to support reporting functions and analytic needs.
- You will create a new system that will be a core component within the business using data to provide accurate internal management reporting and integrate data across operational systems (downstream CRM, Qlik dashboards)
- You will work with the existing architect and the business to understand requirements and data definitions.
- Design and build well-engineered data systems to support analytical needs using Google Cloud Platform (Cloud DataFlow, BigQuery, BigTable)
- You will create data flows to integrate with multiple external sources using APIs, database connections and flat files.
- You will liaise with members of the wider Data & Analytics teams to ensure alignment with existing systems and consistency with internal standards and best practice.
- Design and document a suitable architecture for loading, transforming and exposing data from multiple sources
Data Architect Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience designing, building, and maintaining data systems and processes using cloud-based platforms (Google BigQuery and Cloud DataFlow highly desirable)
- Expertise using cloud-based systems and services to acquire and deliver data via APIs and flat files
- Strong proven professional code development skills using SQL, Java and Python
If you have the required experience and you would like to find out more, please contact Katie Parker in confidence on ************* / *******************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959441770