Senior Systems Support Analyst
Great opportunity for a Senior Systems Support Analyst to join a leading supplier of IT solutions to the public sector. The role will be support Customer & Internal IT systems, covering both Hardware and Software issues and requests
Job Title: Senior Systems Support Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: up to £35k plus excellent Benefits
Working as the Senior Systems Support Analyst you will be involved in the below;
- Working collaboratively across teams on the shift left strategy to support the Service Centre's target of resolving 65% of Incidents at 1st line through the transfer of knowledge, documentation and training.
- Responsible for the resolution of Priority 1 and Major Incidents escalated from the Service Desk within agreed SLA.
- Work closely with the Problem Manager(s) in identifying and resolving the root cause of incidents, providing permanent solutions or acceptable work arounds.
- Provide training, coaching and knowledge sharing with the System Support Analysts to increase technical knowledge.
Essential Skills/Experience required:
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (and previous) based systems including DNS, DHCP, IIS, NPS, RDS, DFS,
- Demonstrable experience in a 3rd line support capacity
- Active Directory with multiple forests and forests with multiple domains
- Microsoft Application Servers (i.e. Exchange, Lync/SFB , SharePoint, SQL Server)
- Resilient systems, both locally and geographically
- Virtualisation Technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, XenServer)
- SAN and Clustering technologies (Dell and HP SANs)
- XenDesktop / XenApp
- Microsoft System Centre (SCOM, SCCM, DPM)
- AD Resource Forest models
- Backup Technologies (CommVault, DPM, Veeam, Backup-Exec)
- Enterprise grade server and storage hardware
- Virtualization principles & technologies
- Proxying (Forward and Reverse)
- Disaster recovery technologies/ methodologies
- Networking principles
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443591