Accounts Assistant / Payroll / Purchase Ledger / VAT
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
A high profile trade association in a topical and newsworthy industry is looking for a highly numerate Accounts Assistant to support the Finance Manager with responsibility for the day to day activity within the accounts department.
To support the Finance Manager by being responsible for the day to day activity within the accounts department of the Company and its subsidiary companies, including Skills for Security.
To maintain daily accounts functions and assist in other company departments to contribute to the smooth running of the group of companies and to inform the Chief Executive of expected absence from work to ensure daily accounting needs are covered.
- To liaise with the HR department and payroll bureau to ensure that the monthly salaries and PAYE/NI are processed accurately and paid in a timely manner.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual tax forms, including submission of P11ds.
- To process sales orders and invoices as requested.
- To investigate and resolve old and credit balances on customer accounts.
To perform credit control function:
- Review new account application forms and credit limits
- Chase overdue payments
- Put accounts on stop and distribute stop list
- Report potential bad debts to Senior Management
- To raise purchase orders for products and services as requested, liaising with staff and suppliers to ensure best price, quality and delivery combination.
- To receive, distribute for approval (when necessary) and input approved invoices and requests for payment.
- To notify other departments of impending payment runs to ensure that approved invoices are returned in time for payment.
- To prepare payment runs for approval and authorisation by Senior Management.
- To run month end reports and reconcile, closing Purchase Ledger module.
- To process all payments and apply them to the relevant ledger.
- To record all receipts and apply them to the relevant ledger.
To reconcile bank statements to the transactions posted on Sage cashbooks at least weekly.
- Reconcile and prepare the VAT returns for the group companies and ensure the forms and payments are made within their deadlines.
- Working with the Finance Manager, arrange for dollar and Euro currency to be forward purchased as required.
- Liaise with the relevant foreign exchange departments to arrange dollar and Euro payments for the overseas events undertaken by the Company.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Purchase Ledger, Invoice Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Insurance Broker will also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959442408