The Company:Our client is an established supplier of accessories to UK and European markets. Their clients include Dunnes, Dorothy Perkins, and Matalan among others. They are currently looking for an Import Merchandiser to cover Maternity leave for a minimum of 12 months; you will be joining a busy and successful team.
Working hours - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm but this could be flexible (days / hours)
- Placing orders, chasing samples, checking confirmations and ordering labels.
- Maintaining critical paths to ensure no delays.
- Daily liaising with both customers and suppliers.
- Arranging deliveries.
- Understanding the full testing requirement for your UK retailers.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of Gold Seal samples to customers
- Work closely with internal (design, sales, technical) and external (Buyers, offshore) teams to manage, progress and complete orders in adherence with the critical path and ensure timely deliveries.
- Ensure garments are produced to specification - managing lab dips approvals, checking specs, and size charts.
- Must have good merchandising experience the role is open for either a recent graduate or with 2 - 3 years experience.
- Ideally have experience with fashion/clothing
- Experience with clothing, accessories, socks, hats, gloves is desirable
- Daily communication with Buyers and Factories via e-mail and telephone is a major part of the job so a good telephone manner is necessary.
- Must be computer literate including Excel and Outlook.
- Proactive approach to work
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77401663