Infrastructure Support Engineer
Job Role: Infrastructure Support Engineer
Location: Gatwick Airport, Crawley
Package: x3 Positions, £42K / £50K / £60K (depending on experience & work hours)
Required to work as part of a team providing Network Infrastructure support across a large client location. This role is a shift position working early, days & night shifts during the week, so well as being on call for 1 week, as part of a 3 person shift team on a rotating pattern.
The tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Network installations and support.
- Reconfiguring switch ports, as and when required.
- Troubleshooting issues on all networking infrastructure.
- Being a primary point of contact for user issues and queries.
- Configuring and deploying network equipment.
- Adhering to strict policies and processes around security and data protection.
- Maintaining and managing the content and accuracy of the customer?s asset database.
- Ensuring SLA requirements and Customer Satisfaction metrics are on or above target.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive and meaningful updates in the customer?s ticket handling system.
- Ensuring the escalation process is followed and any issues are communicated appropriately to customer management teams.
Essential Skills / Qualifications required:
- Required skills and attributes
- HPE Network preferably ASE or MASE
- Or Cisco equivalent preferably CCNP or CCNA or above
- Proven networking background
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to simplify technical detail
- Highly organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced, structured manner to meet tight deadlines
- Confident, collaborative working style and able to interface with people of all levels.
- Proactive approach to work activities & support of colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership.
- Must have a strong understanding of all major aspects of systems and network equipment incl. Hard Ware, Firmware, Software & knowledge of multiple platforms.
- Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba Wireless, Palo Alto Network Device (firewall), Bluecoat Packetshapers, Inflobox , Fortinet Firewalls.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- Network Management: HPE IMC and Solarwinds
- IP Telephony
- ITIL Service Management Foundation
- Experience of IT incident management
- Fluke & other cable test equipment
- Though not required Security clearance would be helpful
CCNA / CCNE / CCNP / Firewalls / Switches / Configuration of switch ports
iCobus Limited is acting as the Employment Agency in the recruitment of this role, acting on behalf of it?s client.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959441908