1st Tier Service Desk Analyst
About the roleTo provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.To provide the first point of contact for all internal and external customer support queries.To record all incoming support requests ensuring all key information is logged accurately before assigning the request.To chase and progress queries and keep the customer informed until the request has been satisfactorily resolved.
You would be responsible for;
Front Line Support
- Provide front line telephone and email support to customers
- Provide front line telephone and email support to internal customers
- Provide front line telephone and email support to members of the public, who are using our online iApply Website
- Resolve support requests where possible as first line support, in accordance with agreed SLAs.
Request Logging and Resolution
- Record all incoming support requests received Online, via email or telephone into the request logging system within the agreed SLA
- Obtain all key information relating to the query to enable effective request investigation; ensuring this is accurately logged into the request logging system
- Translate customer query information into a clear trouble statement which can be easily understood
- Assign requests to the relevant member of the team within the agreed SLA to enable progression of the request
- Progress all requests through to resolution, chasing information and resolution whilst ensuring the customer is kept informed of request progress
- Track request progress to ensure that unresolved requests are escalated in accordance with the established escalation guidelines and procedures
- Accurately record all communication relating to the request, including actions taken into the request logging system in accordance with the documented procedure
- Ensure all request records are maintained and fully documented from the point the request is logged until the request log can be closed.
- To develop and maintain up to date knowledge of the Company’s products in order to answer customers operational enquiries
- Ensure all direct contact with customers are carried out in a professional and courteous manner, ensuring the company’s image is maintained to a high standard
- Escalate any issues likely to result in the failure to complete a task to the Service Desk Team Leader, Incident Manager or Service Desk Manager as early as possible
- Implementation and review of procedures: ensure that all procedures within the area of responsibility are fully documented, regularly reviewed and consistently adopted.
- Previous experience of working within an end user Service desk or application support environment
- Previous experience of working within a busy customer-focused environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- Flexibility – able to take ownership of requests to ensure timely responses to customers
- Planning and organising: able to prioritise daily workload effectively
- Confidence in dealing with challenging situations, and the ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated: able to use own initiative, working well in a team and individually.
- The ability to speak French and/or German is desirable but not essential
About Idox plcIdox is the leading applications provider to UK local government for core functions relating to land, people and property, such as its market leading planning systems and election management software. Over 90% of UK local authorities are now customers. Idox provides public sector organisations with tools to manage information and knowledge, documents, content, business processes and workflow as well as connecting directly with the citizen via the web, and providing elections management solutions. It also supplies in the UK and internationally, decision support content such as grants and planning policy information and corporate compliance services. Idox delivers engineering document control, project collaboration and facility management applications to many leading companies in industries such as oil & gas, architecture and construction, mining, utilities, pharmaceuticals and transportation in North America and around the world.The Group employs over 900 staff located in the UK, the USA, Europe, India and Australia.Idox has many offices across the Country and therefore travel may be required.The BenefitsThis post commands a competitive salary depending upon experience, along with an excellent benefits package. How to applyApplicants should submit a CV, and a short cover letter (maximum 500 words - including salary expectation, and current remuneration) explaining why they feel they would be suited to this role.Please note that as this is an open job vacancy. Therefore we will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis until the position has been filled. Idox traditionally receives a high number of applications for each of its vacancies. Whilst we try and give a personal response to each candidate with further status updates, unfortunately this is not always possible. Therefore, if you have not heard back from us within three weeks of submitting your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Your CV will be maintained in our database for 6 months and your qualifications will be considered for any future openings.Thank you for your interest in Idox.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77428326