Algorithms & Machine Learning Specialist
Algorithms and Machine Learning Specialist
Thales teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces all over the world. We are Europe's number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems.
Thales Glasgow design and manufacture a diverse range of Electro-Optical products including Thermal Imagers, Laser Rangefinders & Designators, Vehicle Sighting Systems and Submarine Periscopes & Optronics Masts.
We're seeking talented Engineers, who can apply their knowledge and skills in an innovative image analysis engineering role. We have built up a team passionate about developing products for a safer world and we're now looking for like-minded, engineers to join us.
We are looking for an engineering specialist with strong machine learning, coding skills and an understanding of image processing techniques.
You can be involved in all aspects of machine learning algorithms engineering, including:
- Design and development of algorithms (e.g. data analysis and image processing)
- Supporting trials of sensors and algorithm systems
- Evaluation of neural network performance with visual and thermal imagery
- Deployment of solutions on different processing platforms
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of sensor products that encompass thermal imaging, visual imaging and laser systems. You will be expected to support multiple projects and as such will require planning and organising skills.
You will have an aptitude for team working, with strong communication skills, allowing you to become an integral member of a multi-discipline team working across multiple domains including land, sea and air.
Skills, qualifications and experience
You will have Bachelor or Masters Degree (BEng, BSc, MEng, MSc) in a Numerate, Scientific or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience.
You will be a competent user of deep learning frameworks and will be familiar with techniques for analysing data. You will be competent in at least one programming language (e.g C/C++, MATLAB, Python, CUDA).
- Familiarity with machine learning processing techniques including, but not limited to; image enhancement, detection, tracking, classification and fusion
- Experience with embedded computers such as Raspberry Pi
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks such as Caffe and TensorFlow
- Knowledge of open-source operating systems such as Linux Ubuntu
- Familiarity with open-source software
This is a fantastic opportunity with a global, innovative company. Join us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959438265