Job Title: Network Engineer (CCNA / CCNP)
Length: 12 Month's
Rate: £300p/d + Expenses
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting into the APAC/EMEA network manager, this engineer is expected to work as an EMEA regional engineer, working the EMEA business hours (UTC or UTC+1) and managing the operational projects and issues for the global network. Projects include tech refresh, upgrades, office move projects, 3rd party connection requests and so on. Manage and provide up to 3rd level troubleshooting of systems and isolate the source of the failure. Be able to drive a cross-functional team (including equipment or service vendors) in diagnosing issues and initiating appropriate actions for repair or mitigation and provide appropriate status communications to global teams and management. Works directly with customers, vendors, and Strategic Partners to identify, troubleshoot, resolve data networking related issues and/or design network solutions. Monitor LAN/WAN connectivity to ensure that all users have the required LAN/WAN connections. Troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN connectivity issues as they arise in the environment. Troubleshoot hardware problems. Provide timely and accurate progress status on all ongoing support issues, with an emphasis on problems, issues, and concerns. Monitor telecommunications performance and make configuration changes to hubs, routers, switches, etc., as necessary to ensure that maximum network performance is maintained. Work with client groups to ensure that end users have all required equipment properly installed and configured based on specific project requirements. Evaluate and recommend new or upgraded products to enhance the performance of the LAN/ WAN.
Medium to High competency (hands-on) in almost all areas below or most areas:
- Cisco platform and routing (BGP/OSPF) and switching and wireless
- Juniper platform routing and switching and firewall security, including JUNOS and Netscreen
- F5 Load-balancers
- IPSEC VPN (Site-to-Site VPN)
- Vendor/ISP management/coordination
- Incident management
- Network Documentation management
- Good spoken and written English
Experience and good knowledge in almost all areas below or most areas puts the candidate in good standing:
- IP telephony
- WAN Acceleration (Silverpeak preferred)
- Juniper SSLVPN
- Fortigate firewalls
- Bluecoat Packetshaper
- Proxy services like Zscaler
- Capacity planning
- Solarwinds Orion server reporting
- Kiwi Cattools
- Inventory management
- Configuration Management
- Ability to perform scripting in Perl, ShellScript, and other areas
- 3-4+ years' experience in technologies including WAN, LAN, MAN, WLAN Data Centers in a large multisite (preferably global) enterprise network.
- CCNP level certification or relevant work experience
- Very strong Cisco Routing and Switching skills are required with additional experience in other areas mentioned.
- Strong skills in Layer3 capabilities like BGP/OSPF
- Strong soft skills in communication, customer service.
- Ability to work independently and also as a team in handing and taking over issues past time zones.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435647