IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
IT Apprenticeship - IT Infrastructure Technician Apprentice - Kidderminster
We are looking for an IT Apprentice to join the ICT Team, the role will include providing front line technical support, answering support queries. To provide a high level of customer service and to log calls and user requests on the ICT Helpdesk. To assist ICT with projects and to assist in the installation, support and maintenance of IT equipment.
The IT Apprentice will support the work of the Council by participating in and contributing to the delivery of services and projects allocated and supported by their supervising manager.
The Apprentice will be based within the ICT Team, Resources Directorate.
Core Apprenticeship responsibilities and tasks of the role:
- Undertake a course of studies and develop a broad range of skills within the requirements of the service to achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard. To maintain regular contact with the appointed Support Advisor during the period of the Apprenticeship
- Under supervision work closely with other team members to assist in team and service objectives
- Understand own role which may include project work
- Operate as an effective and reliable team member to achieve own accountabilities and team objectives
- Undertake any Health and Safety training as relevant and wear protective equipment and clothing where required
- To ensure a positive and flexible approach to the variety of tasks and work patterns within the role in order to meet customer and work demands
- To operate with due regard to the Council?s confidentiality policies, the Data Protection Act, Health and Safety etc.
Specific responsibilities and tasks of the role:
The post will support the ICT Team by assisting with the following duties:
1. First Line Support
- To provide front line technical support answering support queries via phone, face to face and email.
- To provide a high level of customer service.
- To take ownership of user problems and be proactive in dealing with user issues.
- To log calls and user requests on Council?s ICT Helpdesk.
- Escalate more complex calls to relevant senior ICT engineers
- Acquire and Maintain knowledge of relevant products and support of issues to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
2. Network / PC / Software
- To assist in the installation, support and maintenance of Personal Computers, Thin Clients, tablet / mobile devices and Computer Networks. Install and update software as necessary. Take ownership of minor systems as required.
3. ICT Projects
- Assist ICT to deliver Projects associated with the Council?s ICT Strategy.
You will be/have:
- Willing to undertake a programme of work, study and training designed to develop the skills and abilities of the Apprentice to achieve a level 3 qualification in IT.
- Ability to communicate with others using a range of media e.g. telephone and email in order to give and receive information accurately
- Ability to organise own allocated workload with line management support to deliver targets and deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to work on own initiative and work effectively as part of a wider team
- Ability to follow processes and identify areas of improvement
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Ability to stay calm and focussed
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work part of a team
- Commitment to further development through training
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Salary: £187.59 /week
To apply for this IT Apprenticeship please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959404681