The successful applicant will contribute to the modelling, analysis and pricing requirements of the Gas, Power & Derivatives Trading desks. The successful candidate will contribute to multi-commodity derivative strategies through innovation of hedging and risk management approaches. The role involves liaising with various stakeholders such as Traders, Originators and Developers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with traders to assist in the development of trading & hedging strategies around the Gas and Power portfolio. Namely hedging of non-linear exposures using various derivatives.
- Support the ongoing expansion of the Derivatives business
- Working closely with structured traders and originators contributing to the structuring and pricing of complex deals.
- Develop and extend models to improve portfolio risk management and to increase types of products traded.
- The role extends beyond Gas and Power leading to involvement in areas such as Oil, LNG, Weather and FX.
- Working closely with the other Quants/Developers to make use of and expand the model library.
- Assisting more junior team members in their activities and technical development.
Skills & Competencies
- Outstanding commercial acumen, combined with an understanding of financial risk and option value
- Strong ability for quantitative problem solving sustained by outstanding foundations in maths/stats
- Solid enthusiasm for commercially driven problem solving
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear, understandable manner to customer facing business units
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a trading environment
- Should be capable of developing a good understanding of market dynamics and modelling methods, and apply it to real-world transactions
- Ability to explain and defend the methodology used in the development of quantitative tools
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English (verbal and written) is essential
- Python programming skills would be an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of programming numerical algorithms would be an advantage
- Experience in a commodity or financial trading environment
- Experience of implementing models for derivative pricing
- Exposure to trading, retailing, or asset management in traded markets
- Exposure to energy structured products such as Tolling, Storage and Swing
- Experience of coding in a shared environment would be an advantage
- Experience in managing one or more individuals would be an advantage
- Degree level (or equivalent) education in a highly quantitative subject.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959427564