Mobile Waste Management Technician
Excellent opportunity for a Mobile Waste Management Technician to join a leading environmental solutions company on a 6 month contract basis in Walsall. Our client are investing more than £1billion on new infrastructure with the aim of reducing carbon and raising environmental awareness. Due to an expanding workload, they are seeking a Mobile Waste Management Technician to join their growing team.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure all hazardous waste is collected from customer sites, and packaged and segregated to meet relevant regulations and policies.
The successful candidate will have a number of important roles and responsibilities, including:
- Ensuring documentation is formatted correctly
- Listing and identifying all waste
- Ensuring all vehicles comply with legal requirements
- Managing all collections to maximise customer service
- Maintaining health and safety awareness to prevent risks
- Ensuring packaging, labelling and collection of hazardous waste complies with company procedures
- Operating in line with all legal requirements
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Valid UK driving licence
- Knowledge of environmental legislation
- Knowledge of the waste industry/dangerous goods
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of health and safety, ideally with qualification
- Science GCSE/A-level/Degree would be desirable
Full training will be given for this position.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959436985