We are recruiting for a Database Administrator to join our existing team located in the Warrington or Limerick office.
In this role, you?ll take responsibility for the design, performance, availability, integrity and security of all our Customer Management Platform (CMP) databases on the Linux platform.
As the CMP product is being developed so that it can be used in conjunction with more than one database vendor, the role will not be confined to a specific platform. For MDS managed installations, the role will be responsible for supporting the DB2 LUW platform. For cloud based installations the role will be responsible for evaluating, selecting and supporting a suitable database platform based on its suitability for the CMP product and the specific customer profile.
You?ll also take responsibility for defining and executing a migration strategy from our current DB2i platform to non-iSeries databases.
Finally you?ll be required to contribute as required to keeping the business fully informed of the direction of the product, the functionality being delivered and how\when that will be delivered.
At MDS our core values are central to who we are and how we do business and you will be expected to collaborate positively, have a passion to succeed, be prepared to take smart risks, possess leadership qualities, be able to flex your expertise and use your strong sense of customer focus to exceed expectations, every day.
- Able to promote infrastructure initiatives to technical and non-technical colleagues as appropriate
- Experienced with managing DB2 LUW databases in a complex environment including proven track record of design, maintenance and administration.
- Able to evaluate and support non DB2 LUW database platforms with specific emphasis on cloud based installations of same
- Experienced with Performance Tuning and Optimization, using all available monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with individuals (internal and external) at all levels
- Knowledge of evaluating, selecting and supporting cloud hosted database platforms
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models for a diverse range of databases
- Experience of building and working with Linux servers
- The ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Strong expertise in SQL and PL/SQL
You may have:
- Experience gained within the Telecommunications Industry
- iSeries knowledge
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959432440