Our client based in central Reading are looking for a Actuarial Assistant who is Part Qualified Actuary with around 1-3 years experience, to work in their Actuarial Consulting team. After having provided their expertise within the pensions and employee benefits sector for nearly 40 years, our client is now looking to expand their internal administration team.
The main responsibilities of this role will involve preparing valuation results, carrying out individual member calculations, developing spreadsheets and drafting reports and other communications. You'll have the opportunities to attend regular client meetings and support the development and presentation of our new market-leading pension scheme modelling software.
- Attend client meetings, taking an active role where applicable:
- Taking minutes
- Presenting actuarial findings
- Engaging with clients on relevant key issuers
- Actuarial valuations
- Production of company accounting disclosures
- Individual benefits
- PPF levy
- Bulk transfer
- Ideally, 1-3 years experience as an Actuarial Student, educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 degree
- Good progress to date through the Actuarial exams
- Broad understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate, with an understanding of UK Pensions Legislation
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to prioritise and complete work in accordance to deadlines
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Office suite of products, in particular Excel
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills. Confident and able to explain complex issues in simplified terms to clients and more junior team members
This position is a full time permanent position working Monday - Friday. Our client offers fantastic benefits including retailers discounts scheme, flexible benefits & 23 days holiday (31 with BH).
To be considered for this new and exciting position, please apply online.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77383934