Mental Health Teaching Assistant
A secondary alternative provision in Medway is recruiting an experienced teaching assistant to start ASAP until the end of the academic year. Working hours will be 8.30-4pm Monday to Friday.
Students have a statement or Educational Health Care Plan for SEMH difficulties. The schools aims to support student's barriers to learning, while helping them with communication skills and emotional intelligence.
This particular role will be working 1:1 with a very challenging student who has mental health and behavioural difficulties. You will be required to support within the classroom and in 1:1 sessions. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in an SEMH or SEN school. Interest in Arts and craft would be advantageous. It is imperative you have a calm personality and are confident in this challenging but rewarding environment.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within an SEN school or alternative provision
- One to one and small group work
- Professional manor
- Enthusiastic and friendly approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
- Current DBS (ideally on the update service)
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Keizsha De Jesus at Veritas Education.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77397215