Clean Water Design Engineer
Rullion Limited are currently recruiting on behalf of a large Utilities company based in the Northwest for a Clean Water Design Engineer on a contract basis. We have been providing our client with experienced Individuals for over 10 years helping to deliver a high number of projects within the Industry.
To be a point of contact for Self Lay Providers (SLPs) within a defined area of the client's footprint on issues relating to new developments and water network design. Responsible for liaison with the client's operational colleagues on matters relating to new developments, determining points of connection and approving / rejecting designs proposed by SLPs in line with the client's design standards. Influence SLPs to ensure that designs are compliant and allow the client to adopt an asset fit for purpose now and in the future.
* Manage the day to day interface with connections and main laying contractors
* Work closely with M&C Design Engineers / Technicians and Connections Assistants and liaise with Developers & Customers to ensure that the best solution for all parties involved is achieved
* Monitor the contractors quality of workmanship and compliance with the company's policies and procedures
* Represent the client at Highway Authority Streetworks co-ordination meetings
* Liaise with the Highways Authority to identify and resolve non compliant issues
* Carry out payment audits to ensure payment is in line with contract conditions.
* Liaise with the client's Complaints Team managing escalated customer complaints on site
* Responsible for implementation and management of projects to address issues that are not part of BAU
* Provide flexible support in the event of customer impacting incidents.
* Provide support and guidance to team members
* Act as an ambassador for the client in all external meetings with customers, Developers, SLP's and regulatory bodies
Knowledge and Skills
* HNC or equivalent in Civil Engineering
* NRSWA Accreditation to supervisor level
* Good working knowledge of contractual procedures and understanding of the client's Connections, Metering & Charging Policies
* Good knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework and legal obligations.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills internally and externally
* Excellent problem solving, tenacity and resilience skills
* Face to face conflict resolution.
* Knowledge of water distribution, network operations, leakage detection, regulatory control and metering.
* Knowledge of the client's water strategy systems, Alto, GIS and onemap.
* CDM client representative level
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959431861