- Secondary TA (SLD class - KS3)
- January start
- 'Good' Ofsted
- 65-85 daily rate
- Excellent on-site facilities
- London borough of Bexley
I am currently working with a 'Good' SEN school that caters for primary and secondary aged students with SLD based over 2 sites in the London borough of Bexley who are looking for a Teacher Assistant to start in January on a full time basis. SLD Teacher Assistants work with 1 or 2 pupils on a daily basis providing individual assistance to ensure access to learning across the curriculum. As a SLD Teacher Assistant you will complete 1:1 support for students including assisting in personal care tasks (feeding, changing, toileting etc.). This SLD Teacher Assistant role would suit both experienced TAs from SEN schools or mainstream primary schools - experience supporting learners would be advantageous though not a necessity. The school look for their teacher assistants to have solid subject knowledge across the curriculum and ideally would like people who have an understanding of working with students with a range of complex needs.
We are looking for a secondary SLD Teacher Assistant who:
- Has at least 1 years UK experience in a school setting - either mainstream or SEN
- Has experience supporting SLD students 1:1 or in small groups
- Has the ability to work as part of a team, is keen to learn and work on own initiatives
- Experience using PECs and Makaton (preferable but not essential)
- Manual Handling training (desirable and can be offered at a later date)
- Confident swimmer (lessons take place daily so this is a must)
With 115 pupils, the school is divided amongst 2 sites - one for primary aged students and one for secondary aged students. Students have Autism, profound and multiple learning difficulties and severe learning difficulties and each class focuses on developing students social, emotional, academic and communication skills using on-site therapists and a range of communication aids such as PECs and Makaton. Based in Crayford, the secondary site has on-site parking and is located a short walk from Crayford station so is easily accessible.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you then send through your CV to be considered!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77394569