Application Support DBA - Oracle, SQL - Southampton - £45k
Application Support DBA - Oracle, SQL, Southampton - £45k
I have a fantastic opportunity working for a Software house based in Southampton.
Working in a large team that is accountable for delivery of IT applications, you as an Applications Support DBA you will be responsible for administration and support of Oracle and SQL databases; you will ensure performance is maintained through monitoring and tuning. The role will also involve incident, change, and problem management to support delivery of services.
The Applications Support DBA will require understanding of systems architecture, understanding of business process and operations.
Technical Skills required:
- Administration experience of Microsoft SQL and Oracle databases in a Unix and Windows environment
- Technical experience in multi applications and platform environment
- Knowledge of application development
- Experience in a 24.7 support environment, flexible to work out of hours
- Experience in creating and maintaining Unix shell scripts
- Good communication skills and customer facing experience
This is a great opportunity to work in a busy support environment and ideally for someone that comes from an applications development background. This is a great time to work with a large growing organisation that offers training, support and career development.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com