Graduate Software Engineer
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT, BPS,infrastructure, engineering and assurance services. This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model?, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata group, India?s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has over 353,000 of the world?s best-trained consultants in 46 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $16.5 billion for year ended March 31, 2016 and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India.
We are currently recruiting for our 2017 Graduate Talent Recruitment scheme. As part of this scheme we have a structured initial learning program for 3 months followed by our continuous learning program. We are hiring for the role of a Software Engineer.
Job Purpose and primary objectives :
Systems programmers produce, install and implement new and modified computer systems, networks and related operating software. This includes, triage of incidents reported by the customers, Liaison with the software vendors and providing resolution.
- Carry out enhancements to existing applications
- Develop and implement new applications
- Analyse functional requirements
- Understand technical architecture of application
- Create low level design for intended functionality
- Enhance or develop the functionality
- Test and deploy
- Update knowledge management procedures and handbooks.
Technical Skills :
- Knowledge on web technologies (e.g. C#.Net, Java, SQL Server, MS BA), database technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB) and methodologies (e.g. Scrum , Kanban, TDD, DevOps) to name just a few.
Other Skills :
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Logical thinking
- Good analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959433957