Grafton Banks Finance is currently looking for an ambitious and newly qualified Financial Accountant to join an established and fast growing international business, with offices based in Worthing. Reporting to Head of Finance this role requires an enthusiastic individual to take responsibility for the weekly cash forecasting, monthly statutory accounts and all compliance, tax, VAT and audit issues.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for weekly reporting of cash forecast for 3 months
- Regular bank account reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain relationship with the banks in several countries, mandates, security and approval limits
- Support rest of finance team and contribute to the preparation of monthly management accounts pack
- Monitoring currencies and foreign exchange movements
- Quarterly or monthly VAT reporting and other compliance issues such as EC sales listing and Intrastat filing for multiple businesses
- Tracking of asset finance agreements and revolving credit facility
- Prepare statutory accounts for the year end for a number of companies within the group
- Assist with the preparation of the group Annual Report
The successful candidate will be a newly qualified Accountant with excellent spreadsheet skills and substantial experience and technical competency in financial accounting, under UK GAAP. You will also have a good understanding of cash forecasting and possess previous experience of preparing statutory accounts. This role will ideally suit someone looking for their first move out of practice who possesses a mature and dedicated approach, together with the drive, ambition and desire to succeed.
In return for your knowledge and experience you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77397147