Business Development Actuary
Our client with offices in Reading, Leeds and London are looking for a driven and motivated Business Development Actuary to work in their Reading office in the defined benefit sector. After having provided their expertise within the pensions and employee benefits sector for nearly 40 years, our client is now looking to expand their internal administration team.
There will be opportunities to get involved with existing clients with a role to expand the relationship - however, a key role would be to generate new business. For example, you would be involved in pitching for new scheme actuary appointments and, in some cases, be put forward as the Scheme Actuary. In addition, you would be expected to develop and work a network of contacts to generate project work and opportunities albeit with some supervision and support.
- Taking on the role of Scheme Actuary on your own clients or supporting the Scheme Actuary of larger clients
- Communicating with clients to understand their needs and carrying out relationship management
- Providing advice to trustees (and employers) on a wide range of pensions issues including de-risking, liability management, pension scheme accounting and mergers/acquisitions
- Taking responsibility for presentations, reports, valuations and funding updates
- Supervising and coaching more junior staff
- Presenting reports, explaining their implications to Trustees and employers
- Working with Trustees, employers, investment advisers and covenant advisers as required to ensure an integrated risk management approach
- Scheme Actuary Certificate and they should have held some scheme actuary appointments
- 6 - 10 years actuarial defined benefit experience overall
- Business development/pitching experience
- Good communication skills, including the ability to convey complex information to clients
- Analytical, research and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent people, interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong teamwork ethic
- Sound judgement and a genuine interest in business
This position is a full time permanent position working Monday - Friday. Our client offers fantastic benefits including retailers discounts scheme, discretionary bonus, interest free season ticket loan, flexible benefits & 25 days holiday (33 with BH).
To be considered for this new and exciting position, please apply online.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77381686