The Associates have been retained to search for a Digital Architect who has a restless curiosity about digital strategy, trends and new technology and is capable of advising on all aspects of digital platform development. The Digital Architect will also be part of the Architecture Review Board and will contribute in matters that relates to digital integration for projects and be able to support and contribute to broader architecture governance across the estate. You will be required to review the effectiveness of existing digital solutions and recommend improvements. This is not a technology focused position.
The Digital Architect will need to have experience in digital platform strategy, design and delivery, digital technologies, delivery methodologies and experience of mobile and web platforms. Experience with web service design, integration platform design and development, B2B and B2C models, high availability and resilient design approaches will also be required.
As the Digital Architect:
- You will develop and maintain the IT architecture roadmap in line with the IT & Business strategy for the digital platform.
- Design solutions for digital projects consistent with and in support of the reference architecture, business and IT best practices.
- Keep abreast of major changes in the digital industry and propose improvements through the IT roadmap.
- Perform reviews of existing systems in the digital domain.
- To provide high level design for all new or major digital solution developments in support of projects authorised through IT Governance and approve all exceptions to design and technical standards
- To provide technical architecture for the logical design of new or modified IT services, working with 3rd party architecture and design resource where required.
- To pro-actively liaise with project teams to propose and estimate costs for cost-effective architectures that support business requirements at business case.
- To provide input to scoping, estimating, planning and costing to support projects.
- To work with third party suppliers to define and deliver appropriate technical solutions and project deliverables.
- To ensure that Technical Architectures and designs are capable of meeting requirements (e.g. availability, performance and IT security) and have sufficient flexibility to be appropriately future proofed.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the IT Service Catalogue.
- To ensure that technical design changes are made in accordance with the IT Service Architecture, Reference Architecture, Information Security and management principals.
Providing and Growing People:
- To provide training, advice and guidance on Digital design to technical resources, if needed.
- To promote and participate in knowledge sharing.
- To support the negotiation with third party service providers.
- Support the head of IT architecture in managing and developing the architecture team
- To provide input to the estimates and costs of delivering solutions both within the annual budgeting cycle and as relating to specific projects.
- Provide quality assurance for IT solutions.
No specific systems knowledge is required, however the successful candidate will have experience across several digital platforms and development tools.
The successful candidate will be able to show how they have lead technology decision making at a project and / or roadmap level.
The Digital Architect who is successful in landing this role will be joining a family first business who truly value their staff and enable them to work together in realising long terms goals for the business which are already having a major positive impact.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959422772