Information Security Business Analyst
Information Security Business Analyst
The job holder will work as part of the Business Analyst capability within the Programmes & Commercial team, and be required to:
- Engage with stakeholders across a wide variety of business functions and levels or the organisation. Where appropriate, to provide a bridge between our business stakeholders and the provision of IT solutions.
- Investigate and specify business requirements and options for consideration related to change initiatives for the improvement of process and systems, including: cost reduction, enhancing sustainability and capability.
- Facilitate the definition of scope, priorities and the quantification of business benefits for small to medium sized changes (and may assist in larger scale changes). Accountable for key project outputs primarily from pre-initiation and definition stages of the delivery lifecycle.
- Influence decisions taken by the effective use of methods, procedures and modelling techniques.
- Contributes to thought leadership within the organisation by monitoring and presenting the business benefits of relevant technologies and significant trends within the IT industry.
You have a responsibility for the security of information and information systems accessible to you, including:
- The protection and preservation of confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and information systems from unauthorised use, disclosure, modification or destruction; an awareness of information security policies, practices and relevant guidance appropriate to your role in the organisation compliance with security policies and procedures related to the information and information systems you use; and the reporting of vulnerabilities or incidents affecting security or security policy compliance to the Group IS Security Manager or the Group Information Protection Manager.
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- The individual will ideally be a graduate and have a post-graduate qualification in Business Analysis (ISEB or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience is required in the following areas:
- Knowledge of and accountability to have delivered elements within the Project Lifecycle.
- Active participation in discovery and definition processes and subsequent creation of documentation including: data flow and entity relationship diagrams, user-centred design, eg use cases and customer Journeys, discovery/implementation workshops.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality outputs to time in high pressured environments
- Previous experience in the following areas would be highly beneficial:
- Experience of working with Corporate functions within a global organisation
- Working within an agile environment against tight deadlines.
- Experienced in and have an interest in process improvement or optimisation.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - The individual will have highly developed analysis skills to deliver outputs such as business, functional and non-functional requirements
- Communication and Interpersonal skills - ability to communicate fluently, clearly and concisely both orally and in writing in an appropriate manner for the target audience: good listening skills and the ability to both influence decision making and report on implications of outcomes
- Team Working - The individual will demonstrate an ability to contribute effectively to teams and relationships and to support others in developing and achieving project goals.
- Monitoring and Control - The individual will demonstrate an ability to monitor progress on projects and standards to ensure they are achieving desired results making alterations or improvements where needed
- Project Management - The individual will demonstrate an ability to organise and prioritise own workload.