Senior SOC Analyst - Cyber Security & Consultancy - 55-65k
You'll be working as a Senior SOC Analyst & Consultant for a growing IT Services firm based in the heart of London. If you're a self-motivated professional with demonstrable experience working in a SOC with the desire to expand their remit to the world of consulting whilst also remaining technical then this might be the right role for you!
As a Senior SOC Analyst you'll be working alongside their Principal SOC Analysts to help lead their SOC team, performing investigations escalated from their team of Junior SOC Analysts, aiding in protecting client infrastructure through responding to incidents using their SIEM and other investigative tools/devices (e.g. Vulnerability Scanners, User Behavioural Analytics tools, IDS/IPS, NGFWs, Tactical Threat Intel, Endpoint Protection). You will one of the higher point of escalation for incident triage/handling, dealing with the most complex and high priority events from a range of clients within a broad range of sectors and company sectors (from blue chip manufacturing behemoths to FinTech SMEs) with an additional lead analyst for you to refer particularly complex incidents on to if needed.
You'll occasionally get to go out and meet with clients too, performing advisory work ranging from service reviews to discussing improvements to their internal cyber security posture in addition to, if desired, being trained on implementing particular technologies that you can choose to specialise in on client sites alongside their onboarding teams.
They're great in terms of progression options - with the company being a consultancy it's in their best interests to provide you with training and development to help you progress from a professional standpoint - they like to actively promote people upwards and laterally within the company to wider teams (e.g. getting into Design / Assurance / Strategy / Pre-Sales if desired).
Ideally you'd have:
- 1-2 (or more!) years' experience working within a SOC environment.
- Certs/Training that would be good but not needed:
- GIAC Certifications: GSEC, GCED, GMON, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA (CREST certs would be good too but I appreciate that not many people have them - e.g. CCIM, CCNIA, CCHIA).
- SANS Courses: SEC401, SEC501, SEC511, SEC503, SEC504, FOR578.
- Skills: SIEM Monitoring & Incident Handling/Response, IDS/IPS Monitoring, Forensics/Malware Analysis, Threat Hunting with or without Analytics/UBA, Threat Intelligence consumption.
- Senior stakeholder management & client facing abilities (not massively important).
- Service management experience (preferably to ITIL v3).
If you feel this role would be of interest to you, do feel free to give me an email on 'a.fernandes[att]computerfutures[dot]com' with an up-to-date version of your CV and a good time that we may speak. Alternatively, I am available by phone on 0-2-0-7-9-0-7-3-8-3-8 or on LinkedIn (Andrew Fernandes, Computer Futures).
If you know anyone that might be interested in the role, don't be afraid to point them in my direction; we're currently offering £200 of John Lewis vouchers to anyone who refers someone that later gets a job through us!
Sthree UK is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.