Our client is a unique and successful business based in Killingworth. They have seen consistent growth in revenue since 2012. Their main success has come from securing long term contracts with large institutions across the UK, to secure a long term pipeline of repeat business. Due to the recruitment of a new Finance manager, our client is now in a position to expand their finance team, to enable them to run their accounts team more efficiently.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience in purchase ledger and can be ready to help out with any other duties normally required of an accounts assistant to join them on a temporary to permanent basis with an ASAP start.
You will directly report into the Finance manager and will be working alongside a team of 3 other accounts assistants and an accounts administrator. However you will also be expected to liaise with area sales managers and project managers to help accurately invoice clients and help with creating cost forecasts.
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited too:
- To ensure the purchase ledger is accurately maintained, deadlines are met and correct coding is used.
- Maintain adequate records of retention's owed and collect when due.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries as required.
- Issue monthly statements to clients.
- Receiving and processing all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
- Cash allocation.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Relevant knowledge and understanding of a similar role.
- High attention to detail and an orderly approach to processing.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build effective relationships with employees and external stakeholders/customers.
Ideally you will have an AAT qualification, however candidates without an AAT should still apply.
The package on offer is a basic salary of between £19,000 (£9.50/hr) and £22,000 (£11.25/hr) depending upon your experience. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday 8:30 to 17:00 with an early finish on a Friday, with free parking on site. Interviews are to be held w/c 30th October with a view to an immediate start.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77357598