One of Manchester's most highly regarded organisations have created a new role, due to continued expansion, for a part-qualified Financial Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. This presents a great oppo
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Oversee the timely and quality implementation of systems, policies and procedures.
* To ensure strong financial controls are maintained over transactional processes.
* High quality Balance sheet reconciliations where discrepancies are identified and rectified in a timely manner.
* Processing of month end journals.
* Maintenance of supplier accounts on Oracle system.
* Resolve and close all helpdesk supplier queries and requests.
* Daily cash analysis with commentary to contribute to business reporting.
* Continually review processes to ensure best practice methods are implemented.
* Process month-end Deferred income reports to the General Ledger and ensure the correction of any discrepancies.
* Working alongside the transactional teams to resolve any issues in relation to processing and put in to practice plans to resolve these issues.
* Assisting in the implementation of improvements that provide greater service to our customers, and greater integrity of our balance sheet.
* Work with all audit teams as required including internal and external audit.
* Assist the Financial Accounting Team in the production of monthly VAT returns.
* Ad-hoc project work.
* Have a good understanding of Balance Sheet reconciliations
* Have strong Excel skills
* Have some experience of using an ERP system
* Have excellent communication skills
* Be studying a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
If you would like to be a part of a steadily growing and highly regarded business in a department where you can learn from experienced accountants and progress over time is on offer then please apply or send your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77355353